I know I’ve been promising these for a while now. The incredible paw-crafted, gluten-free deck of cards that will connect you to your inner source of wisdom, and so on and so forth. Look for it in the skies. Look over your shoulder. Is that a light dawning in the dim recesses of your mind? My cards will arrive in the nick of time to save a weary human race.
The primary purpose of the deck is divination, but I’ve been convinced that having some game play as well might give the product more “legs” as the saying goes. I’ve finally come up with a word game of sorts that can be played with the cards. It needs a bit more thought, but it’s almost there. The game I have in mind is not one you’d play more than once or twice, but dang, it will be fun once or twice if you like words and word origins.
What is completed in the card project
- Acquired and edited the image for the backs the cards
- Acquired and edited images for the face of each of the 35 cards in the deck
- Written two or three paragraphs of wording for the face of each card
- Laboriously performed the actual layout of each of the 35 cards using Photoshop
- Had a graphic designer look at them to see if I’d made any design errors
- Devised the ideas and basic structure of the divination method
- Devised the ideas and basic structure of the game
- Found a suitable printing company
- Decided on the physical size of the card and the card stock
- Double check everything in the wording, the images, the photo attribution, and the layout
- Finalize the wording for the divination and game instructions/answer key.
- Call the print company to discuss/negotiate costs, printing, shrink wrapping, tuck boxes
- Make the order
- Decide how best to market and sell them (yes, I know that should have been #1)
- Everything else I failed to think about