- The guy standing next to us in line for the Bainbridge ferry experienced a cardiac arrest on last year’s ride. Some CPR-savvy individuals came to his aid. He was back this year, planning to walk up some of the steeper hills, and also intending to meet up with a few of his saviors from last year.
- I can ride up every dang hill, no matter how steep, without stopping. There is considerable huffing and puffing involved.
- My foot hurts. The one that I take off the pedal and put on the pavement. when I stop the bike. By the end of the day it was seriously aching.
- I don’t like riding with 4,400 people. Hard to relax and enjoy when someone is always passing you or vice versa. Riding on and off ferries in a mob is crazy.
- It was a good trainer for the RSVP.
- Chafing happens.
Below: the ferry wait and the eastward view from Bainbridge Island.