Decided to attend NECSS in Manhattan. That’s the Northeast Conference on Science and Skepticism. Some of the NECSS highlights for me included:
- Most of the medical-related sessions. Of particular interest was hearing doctors give accounts of dealing with patients who are also seeing and getting advice from alternative health providers.
- The Skeptical Extravaganza of Special Significance was very entertaining and funny thanks to the wonderful George Hrab and the wide variety of stunts and activities.
- Bill Nye was both amusing and inspirational when discussing climate change.
- Richard Wiseman’s keynote. He combines engaging and enlightening in a perfect way.
In addition to the conference, I got pizza, of course. Multiple times. A little place called Amadeus was the local slice source for me. Also visited Central Park and the American Museum of Natural History. I spent hours at the latter, including attending a spectacular Hayden Planetarium show. Also saw a very fine production of Matilda.
(1) The naked cowboy (2) Hailing a cab. (3) Massive brick edifice. (4) Entrance: Chelsea Pods. (5) Where Kong died. (6) Colorful Matilda stage. (7) Famous museum dino. (8) Large museum head. (9) Walking the Highline (elevated park). (10) Strawberry Fields.